Walking, Hiking, and Biking in KC
Summer is winding down, but many of us are still looking to soak up as much outdoor time as possible! The great news is, Kansas City has so many outdoor activities that can also give your health a boost.
Go for a walk.
If your neighborhood scenery is boring, try going for a walk or run on one of these great KC trails.
Bike the trails.
If biking is your thing, throw your bike on the back of your car and head to one of these many great destinations.
- Swope Park is not only home to the KC Zoo, but also miles and miles of rolling bike trails
- Indian Creek Blue Trail in Overland Park is a great flat bike bath for a leisurely ride
- Longview Park & Lake is a great place to take in nature while enjoying a ride
- Cliff Drive State Scenic Byway not only has great trails, but you can also stop for a disc golf game along the way.
- If you find yourself down town, utilize the Bike KC program to get around from the River Market to the Crossroads.
Go for a hike.
You don’t have to go all the way to the mountains to get in a great hike. There are some amazing places right here in Kansas City.
Break that cabin fever, and see a whole new side of KC! Whether it’s walking, running, biking or hiking, getting outdoors is always great for your health.